Black onyx is a rare gem that has made its way to becoming one of the precious stones used to enhance the aesthetics of jewelry items. Its unique and mystical beauty has caught the attention of jewelry makers. It is especially magnificent with sterling silver jewelry because of the different effect of the two combined. The color of silver contrasts the color of the gemstone. The contrasts give silver jewelry items a striking appearance. Just like any other gemstone, black onyx represents a significant symbol and meaning. Thus, let us take a look at some of the believed symbols, meanings, history, and facts about this rare gem.
ONYX METAPHYSICAL PROPERTIES:
- Prevents the draining of personal energy
- Absorbs and transforms negative energy
- Fosters decision making
- Excellent stone for centering and alignment of the total person with a Higher Power.
- Used to end unhappy relationships
- Heighten one’s intuition and instinct
- Helps one to realize material goals
- Helps one become the master of their own future
- Encourages a healthy egotism
- Creates invisibility
- Fortifies self-confidence
- Balances the male and female polarities within each person
- Helps one regain emotional balance
- Anchors and stabilizes one to elevate fears and worries
- Protects against black magic, as well as defends against negativity directed towards the wearer
- Helps banish negativity or people from one’s life
- Provide the wearer with strength, both physical and mental.